You can reach well defined, highly specific groups of users on LinkedIn, whether Sage accounts users, individuals interested in health and safety, or financial directors in the UK. If you are able to define your favourite kind of customer, then you may be able to reach them by advertising on LinkedIn.
How does LinkedIn Advertising Work?
It is quite straight forward, really.
First, you create your ad. Or better yet, you create 3 versions of your ads that LinkedIn will test, and you can learn which ads perform best.
Next, you identify the LinkedIn users you want to target. Targeting options include
- Industry sector
- Job function
- Company size
And finally, you set your budgets. You can advertise either on a price per click model, or on a cost per impression, which means how many times your ad displays, irrespective of clicks. You can set a daily budget, as well as the maximum amount you want to pay for each ad. There is a small fee to activate your account, and then you can start or stop your advertising at will.
LinkedIn Advertising tips
If you are new to LinkedIn then your best bet might be to get some advice, so give us a ring and we can discuss setting up your campaign.
In the meantime, here are some easy tips for you to improve your LinkedIn advertising
- Think about your art work. Image ads on LinkedIn are highly effective, and can get 20% more clicks
- Test different versions of your ads to see which ones get the best results from your prospective customers. You can test different headlines, different images, different propositions, and different calls to action
- Do you think questions work? Yes, they do! Try using questions in your ads
- Create a good landing page. Your landing page is the page on your website that ad will click through to. If you are making an offer in your advert, then ensure your landing page repeats the same offer.
- Targeting members of LinkedIn groups can be highly successful. They have expressed an interest in your product or service, so it is a pool of warm leads.
- Typically you will need to have at least two LinkedIn targeting criteria to reach a well defined audience, for example Industry and Job Function.
- However, getting too specific is not a good idea, and a successful campaign will typically have an audience size of at least 100,000 individuals
How much does LinkedIn Advertising Cost?
And finally, the big question: how much does it cost?
Typically, LinkedIn advertising starts at US$2.00 per click, which depending on exchange rates is UK £1.25.
You can set your own budgets, so there is no need for a surprise overspend.
And in many instances, the cost to generate a lead or for a conversion can be less expensive than the Google AdWords equivalent.
Buy raffle tickets to support Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People - Click here to see the amazing prizes on offer