We are one of the UK’s leading providers of digital marketing services. And our success is down to the talented people like you who work with us. You will be tasked with providing front line support to all our clients.
As a System Administrator / Support Engineer you’ll work on stimulating and varied projects including ecommerce & marketing websites, web applications and mobile applications, across a range of clients and sectors. In addition, you will be providing support for our Development Team and Clients.
Working as an integrated member of the agile team, within the Web Team, you will work closely with the Support and Development Teams, Business Analysts and Technical Director to help ensure quality and innovation are at the forefront of our services.
We’re looking for a candidate that has 1+ years commercial experience, and can bring some new skills and techniques to our growing Web Team. We focus on the LAMP/LEMP stack across a number of dedicated servers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we at Hallam are also proud to provide a relaxed yet professional working environment that includes:
- Industry-leading in house professional development and training, tailored to your specific career plans and needs
- Fast track career development
- Freedom to take responsibility and manage your own client work under our principle of “supported autonomy”
- Flexitime working
- The opportunity to attend industry-leading conferences and seminars
- Regular one-to-ones and support from our team to aid your development
- Contribution matched pension
- 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays
- And all the usual stuff digital agencies provide: free fruit in the office, cake day, a cute office dog, and our Ministry of Fun organises company lunches, dinners out and other activities
- Good understanding of HTML5, PHP, JS and MySQL
- Ability to use Git and Git Flow
- Good written and verbal communication
- Dealing with customers and providing excellent service
- Experience with Apache servers
- Experience with WordPress
- Ability to use a Unix Terminal
- DNS management experience
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience with Windows Servers
Your main responsibilities include:
- To operate as first level support for customer issues. This will include managing all first contact support tickets and emails from clients.
- To encourage clients to make good use of the ticketing system via the relevant support channels
- To act as a contact with our hosting providers
- Use monitoring systems to track website uptime
- Carry out our obligations under all support and maintenance contracts, including but not limited to updating the CMS, updating plugins / components
- To complete the deployment of websites to their respective development and production environments
- Manage & change DNS records
- Training clients on how to use the developed websites
- Keeping up-to-date with recent technological and software developments
- Developing skills and expertise in appropriate software/programming languages and techniques
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Use all in house tracking web applications appropriately
- Impart client and internal training on CMS and other technologies and systems
Additional responsibilities will include:
- To act as a main point of contact for clients where appropriate, aiming to develop good relationships.
- To be involved in internal marketing campaigns to generate new business.
- To thoroughly check work for quality and consistency.
- To answer the office phone where required in an appropriate manner.
- To attend client meetings where required.
- To manage time effectively and log the time taken (where required) to complete tasks.
- To maintain your personal working environment.
- To undertake any reasonable activity requested by the management in order to ensure the effective running of the Company.
It is your experience, track record, and most importantly positive attitude that will get you this job.
So, what makes us different to other agencies?
We work as one team. We take personal responsibility for our work, but we are free in sharing our knowledge and experience with the rest of the team. And we’re happy to go the extra step in order to delight our customers
We make ideas clear and easy to understand. We speak plainly to our customers and to each other, and we value brevity and simplicity. Being straightforward helps us to share common goals and understanding. And that means we get jobs done quickly and efficiently.
We believe in what we do, and are passionate about delivering great results for our customers. We celebrate success and praise each others’ work. Passion means laughter and finding the fun in our work. And that passion extends into our personal lives, with a balanced approach to life.
We are search marketing experts, and that means learning something new every day. We are well qualified. We treat our customers with courtesy, honesty and respect.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please send the following information to [email protected]
- Your current CV
- A cover statement or letter explaining how you would expect to add value to Hallam in this role
- Your availability for interview and start dates
- Any holiday dates you have planned over the next six months
- Your current salary and salary expectations
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK (no Visa sponsorships/extensions).
Contract type: Permanent.
Location: Nottingham, UK.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive, and negotiable dependent on your experience and the value you can bring to the company.
Applications to: [email protected]
If your application is successful we will contact you ASAP to advise you of the next stage of our recruitment process.
We’d like to get in touch with everyone personally, but the high number of applications we receive makes that impossible. For the same reason, we’ll be unable to provide personalised feedback should you be unsuccessful in your application.
No agencies, please.
Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.