Due to the growth of our team, we’re looking for a senior digital designer to join our creative team and become a cornerstone of our thriving design studio. As an ambitious top-40 national agency, we’re looking for someone eager to make the jump and try new challenges and achieve ambitious goals.
Working closely and supporting the Head of Design and Creative Director, you’ll work on a variety of different projects ranging from websites, mobile applications and e-commerce websites.
What we’re really looking for is a conceptual, highly creative designer who can think beyond the “lines and boxes” of traditional experience design, and straddle the line between UX, UI and true creative thinking.
You’ll work closely with teams across the agency to create concepts, lead projects, fuel ideation and promote design thinking and creative problem-solving.
Core skills and experience
- Must thrive in a team environment, above and beyond everything else
- Have a minimum of 5+ year’s experience working in an agency environment (essential)
- Have an undergraduate degree in graphic design or equivalent
- A strong understanding of mobile and desktop design principles
- Fluent working with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign or equivalents.
- Understanding of design systems and component-based design
- Create quality work to tight deadlines where needed
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and developments
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Confident presenting ideas and solutions both internally and to clients with the support of the project management team
- Ability to take the initiative and self manage, and others where needed
- A high capacity for learning and an eagerness to develop
- Experience working with developers as part of a cross-functional team
Special bonus points
- Experience in branding design
- Skills in animation / interaction design
- Understanding of user centred design
- A strong understanding of UX (user experience) design and user testing
- Have experience of branding, layout and design for print
- Solid understanding of printing processes
- Knowledge of digital marketing techniques
- Knowledge of Agile principles
You’ll need to send us an up to date digital portfolio of your best creative work in which you have played a significant role, and we’ll expect you to talk us through it at your interview.
£££ salary: Competitive and based on experience
Closing date: 19 April 2019
Why should you join Hallam?
In addition to a competitive salary, we at Hallam are also proud to provide a relaxed yet professional working environment that includes:
- Industry-leading in house professional development and training, tailored to your specific career plans and needs
- Fast track career development
- Freedom to take responsibility and manage your own client work under our principle of “supported autonomy”
- Flexible working
- The opportunity to attend industry-leading conferences and seminars
- Regular one-to-ones and support from our team to aid your development
- Contribution matched pension
- 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays
- And all the usual stuff digital agencies provide: free fruit in the office, cake day, a cute office dog, and our Ministry of Fun organised company lunches, dinners out and other activities
Our commitment to you
We commit to you and your learning through great clients and the projects you work on. We will give you opportunities to elevate your skills and career through our work, training programmes and investment in your development.
We’ll build a tailored learning experience for you to progress with feedback along the way. We promise to support you through your wins and failures. Take a peek at our values to give you an idea on how we think.