As a Support Developer you’ll work on our dedicated support team, focused on ensuring that our clients needs are met specific to any support contracts we have in place. The work will involve working on providing support for existing codebases for projects we have developed in house with our existing development team,
A good all round knowledge of web development is crucial, with an essential leaning towards PHP development within WordPress.
We develop and support a varied number of projects including ecommerce & marketing websites & mobile applications, across a range of clients and sectors. As a talented and enthusiastic Support Developer, you’ll be interested in progressing your development knowledge and the overall skills and knowledge of the team.
Working as an integrated member of an agile team, within the Web Team, you will work closely with the development team, digital producers and Technical Director to help ensure quality and innovation are at the forefront of our development.
Who we want to work with
We’re looking for a candidate that has 3+ years commercial experience, and can bring some new skills and techniques to our growing Web Team. We focus on WordPress, mobile app development and bespoke web applications.
Some skills we expect you to have
- Outstanding PHP skills are essential, particularly within WordPress
- Excellent knowledge of developing plugins and themes within WordPress
- Demonstrated methodical approach to debugging and fixing problems
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS/Sass
- Good knowledge of MySQL
- Experience meeting SLAs on a support desk
- Experience of working in a collaborative team
- Understanding of git version control (gitflow desirable)
- An appetite for personal learning and development, and an interest in the state and shape of the development industry.
Other skills we get excited about
- Experience with other PHP frameworks such as Laravel
- Experience with task runners (e.g. webpack, gulp or grunt)
- Mobile app development
- An understanding of agile practices
- Experience of code review and adhering to standards
Why should you join Hallam?
In addition to a competitive salary, we at Hallam are also proud to provide a relaxed yet professional working environment that includes:
- Industry-leading in house professional development and training, tailored to your specific career plans and needs
- Fast track career development
- Freedom to take responsibility and manage your own client work under our principle of “supported autonomy”
- Flexitime working and occasional working from home
- The opportunity to attend industry-leading conferences and seminars
- Regular one-to-ones and support from our team to aid your development
- Contribution matched pension
- 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays
- And all the usual stuff digital agencies provide: free fruit in the office, cake day, a cute office dog, and our Ministry of Fun organises company lunches, dinners out and other activities
We commit to you and your learning through Progressive Design and the projects you work on. We will give you opportunities to elevate your skills and career through our work.
Will build a tailored experience for you to get you there and give you feedback along the way. We promise to support you through your wins and failures. We’ll do all of this in two year cycles to help you see what’s next and what can be. Take a peek at our values to give you an idea on how we think.