We are one of the UK’s leading providers of digital marketing services. And our success is down to the talented people like you who work with us.
As a UI and UX designer you’ll work on stimulating and varied projects including ecommerce & marketing websites, web applications and mobile applications, across a range of clients and sectors. You will join the design team working closely with the senior designers and creative director, and work collaboratively with product owners, the development team and the digital marketing specialists.
Overview of the role
- Mobile first prototyping (low-fidelity to high-fidelity)
- Designing UI elements and creating and maintaining design systems
- Leading and owning the design of web projects, collaborating with the wider team
- Art direction & conceptual design
- Designing PPC landing pages
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working in a collaborative digital environment
- A sound understanding of UX
- Fluency using digital tools including Sketch, Invision, Photoshop & Illustrator or similar
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a good understanding of typography, colour and layout for digital
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a commercial design environment, preferably agency side, on B2B projects
- Experience implementing and maintaining design systems and style guides
- Collaboration experience working in a design and development team with agile principles
- Experience in setting visual direction based on product objectives using mood boards, concepts and art direction
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about design and digital
- A pragmatic and commercial thinker
- Confident and coherent communicator when writing and presenting
- Eager to develop and have a high capacity for learning
- Open-minded to criticism and group critiques
- Able to self-manage and use initiative
Desirable (non-essential) skills:
- Ability to code (HTML, CSS)
- Experience in facilitating and evaluating user research
- CRO experience, conducting A/B and multivariate tests
- Creative copywriting experience (microcopy)
Working at Hallam
In addition to a competitive salary, we at Hallam are also proud to provide a relaxed yet professional working environment that includes:
- Industry-leading in-house professional development and training, tailored to your specific career plans and needs
- Fast track career development
- Freedom to take responsibility and manage your own client work under our principle of “supported autonomy”
- Flexitime working
- The opportunity to attend industry-leading conferences and seminars
- Regular one-to-ones and support from our team to aid your development
- Contribution matched pension
- 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays
And all the usual stuff digital agencies provide: free fruit in the office, cake day, a cute office dog, and our Ministry of Fun organises company lunches, dinners out and other activities.
So, what makes us different to other agencies?
We work as one team. We take personal responsibility for our work, but we are free in sharing our knowledge and experience with the rest of the team. And we’re happy to go the extra step in order to delight our customers.
We make ideas clear and easy to understand. We speak plainly to our customers and to each other, and we value brevity and simplicity. Being straightforward helps us to share common goals and understanding. And that means we get jobs done quickly and efficiently.
We believe in what we do, and are passionate about delivering great results for our customers. We celebrate success and praise each others’ work. Passion means laughter and finding the fun in our work. And that passion extends into our personal lives, with a balanced approach to life.
We are digital marketing experts, and that means learning something new every day. We are well qualified. We treat our customers with courtesy, honesty and respect.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please send the following information to [email protected]
- Your current CV
- A link or PDF to some highlights of your portfolio
- Your availability for interview and start dates
- Any holiday dates you have planned over the next six months
- Your current salary and salary expectations
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK (no Visa sponsorships/extensions).
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Nottingham, UK
Start date: ASAP
Applications to: [email protected]
If your application is successful we will contact you ASAP to advise you of the next stage of our recruitment process.
We’d like to get in touch with everyone personally, but the high number of applications we receive makes that impossible. For the same reason, we’ll be unable to provide personalised feedback should you be unsuccessful in your application.
No agencies, please.
Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.