Email subscribers to my blog will see a change this week; I’ve decided to convert my blog into a weekly e-newsletter, complete with branding and formatting. Feel free to send me comments and suggestions.
We already know blogging is a very powerful Internet marketing tool. A well designed blog:
- delivers rich content that can rank highly in the search engines. For example, see how my blog postings ranks well in Google for the new statutory requirements for business websites.
- provides fresh updates on your website which search engine spiders love
- establishes you as an authority on your subject
- keeps you in touch with your clients and prospective clients.
But another benefit of blogging is re-usability. By that I mean “write once, publish many.”
I’ve decided to “re-use” my blog as my email marketing newsletter. I’ve been using the FeedBlitz service to maintain email subscribers, and from today I’m using Feedblitz compile and broadcast my blog postings on a weekly basis.
- I won’t annoy my readers with an individual message every time I write a blog posting, instead they’ll get a weekly round up. If I’m in the mood one morning to write 3 postings then no worries about deluging my clients with messages.
- The e-newsletter has all the Hallam branding and logos
- It gets sent out automatically on the day of my choice (Thursday) even if I’m busy doing something else
The best Internet marketing is always a case of “Test — Learn — Test” and so I’ll keep you posted of tweaks that I make to deliver better blogging.