I’m going to let you in on a little secret. I’ve re-enabled the Comments facility on this blog.
Once upon a time I allowed comments, but the nasty blog spammers filled it with adverts and horrible self-serving links to their own sites. And so I turned Comments off.
But I have had a number of requests from genuine readers of this blog asking for the ability to contribute to the conversation, and stop it being a one-way stream of verbage from me.
So, comments are back on, but in the interest of protecting my own business and sanity, I’ve resorted to creating my blog comment policy.
- I welcome comments because they are the heart and soul of blogging space. Please feel free to join into the conversation.
- I always delete spam and am forced to moderate your messages by hand because Blogger does not offer a proper anti-spam tool. This means your comments may take some time to appear on the site.
- I reserve the right to edit or delete comments that I consider to be offensive, rude, off-topic, hateful, or using bad language.
- Go ahead and include links in your postings; relevant links improve the conversation and help us all to keep learning.
- Links in comments will not add to your inbound linking campaigns; all links will automagically use the
rel="nofollow"tag, so they’ll receive no PageRank boost in an effort to stop blog comment spam
I’ll be working on the layout of the blog to improve comment legibility, and your comments and suggestions for layout would be most welcome.