Successful social media campaigns demand great organisation and planning. Get your copy of our customisable social media calendar, and start using it today to build timely and relevant campaigns.
Don’t you love a good planning session at the beginning of the year? Our social media specialists have put together a customisable content calendar to make it easier for you to plan and visualise your campaigns, making sure the right content goes out at the right time, on the right network.
Benefits of using a social media calendar
Planning ahead can guarantee that your social media activity integrates with the rest of your marketing activities and you take a proactive stance to important dates coming up. We recommend adapting your social posts to each network and audience, and planning out your posts ahead can ensure users have a consistent experience on your social pages. A calendar can ensure that the right tone of voice and content is used on different networks. This way, social media can have a real positive impact on your marketing campaigns and help you reach your objectives. It will also help you to avoid classic embarrassing situations like this one:
The benefits of using a social media calendar are:
- you’ll be more organised
- it’ll ensure you post regular updates and content
- you’ll make a connection between all the social media platforms you use so you have a consistent message
- you’ll create maximum interaction and engagement through updates and promotions that tie in with holidays or events
- you’ll prevent writer’s block
- it’ll save you time
This is the fifth year we’ve produced a customisable editorial calendar for our readers. It contains features such as:
- Twitter character counter
- tweet length alert
- allows you to plan your messages across four platforms – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- national and international holidays with their official hashtags – all updated for 2020
This can be customised to suit your business. For example, you may want to remove the Instagram columns and insert Pinterest for example.
How to make the most of social media in 2020
This year is set to be an exciting one for social. With lots of updates and changes introduced in 2019, marketers will have the chance to up their game and create more tailored and relevant content. Consumer trends will also create new opportunities.
There are numerous articles discussing social media predictions for 2019, but here are the top 5 trends that we think you should focus on:
- augmented reality and virtual reality will bring your stories to life… and your brand engagement too! Facebook Messenger is already facilitating augmented reality advertising experiences for various brands such as L’Oreal.
- chatbots – can be there for your customers 24/7 and create a positive brand experience and even improve checkout conversion rate. Conversational commerce is on the rise and IBM predicts that “by 2020, 85% of all customer interactions will be handled without a human agent“
- influencer marketing is here to stay… With 71% of consumers more likely to make a purchase based on a social media referral, make sure this tactic is on your list. Sentiment and brand alignment will see more success rather than sheer follower numbers, so consider collaborating with nano/micro influencers.
- tapping will be preferred to scrolling. Stories are increasingly popular. This is no surprise since Snapchat, Facebook and Instagram are constantly improving their Stories with interactive features such as VR filters, GIFs and soundtracks. We recommend that you opt for quality over quantity when creating your Stories.
- video will be the content form of choice. Think long form and vertical led by Facebook Watch and IGTV. Statista reports that more than 50% of digital videos are now viewed on mobile in vertical format.
Using a social media calendar will help you stay on top of these trends and ensure that you include them in your tactical plan.
Your FREE social media content calendar
At Hallam, we want to make your life as easy as possible, so we’ve created a content calendar for you so you can get started planning straight away. Download below and enjoy!
How to use our social media content calendar
Make sure you have a clear plan of action:
- decide what you want to promote, e.g. a product launch, an event, an achievement, advice
- decide when you want to promote your content, and on which networks
- prepare your content, e.g. copy, image, video, link
- prepare any pages that your social posts link through to, e.g. landing pages
- populate your content calendar
- check your results against your targets and make adjustments if necessary
Using a social media content calendar this way allows you to plan your content months in advance, have multiple team members work on your content (increased accountability) and review it anytime.