Hallam recently celebrated their first anniversary of merging with web development and design agency Big Spring.
This merger enabled the newly created Hallam to provide clients with access to a wide breadth of knowledge and expertise from every facet of internet marketing, in addition to award-winning web development and design capabilities. Over the last year, Hallam, the “full service” marketing agency, has combined web design, digital and search marketing, creative and advertising expertise all under one roof.
A hugely successful year has seen their client pool grow, providing services to a range of internationally renowned brands such as the BBC, Jägermeister, Experian, Speedo, The United Nations, Suzuki Cars, and Cadent Gas. Now a year on, the award-winning agency continues to go from strength-to-strength, with business revenue approaching £3.5m.
This continued progress is down to the development and growth of staff, who have been integral to the success. With new recruits comes new and exciting ideas, which means that innovation has also been at the forefront of new products/services offered by the business. Since the merger, Hallam has grown to over 50 staff, with 19 new recruits.
Another success story is the growth of the web design and development team, launching 31 new websites since the merger. The web team has delivered a great ROI for national and international businesses, including SMEs and leading brands. In 2017, they won the award for Best Online User Experience B2C at the UK Digital Experience Awards, recognising the team’s innovative approach to problem-solving, beating Eurostar, Virgin Money and Lloyds.
Mike Hallam, Commercial Director, said: “The digital landscape is constantly evolving, and this merger has given us a real competitive advantage. We are seeing a massive change in how clients work alongside their agency partners, and we have successfully adapted to service them and generate results. Hallam is now positioned in the best possible way for long-term success.”
Julio Taylor, Creative Director at Hallam, previously Creative Director at Big Spring said the merger has “accelerated growth and collaboration” and has “hugely contributed to the success of creative campaigns for our clients”.
Susan Hallam, Managing Director believes “Our common values and vision were recognised from day one. We were fortunate to have talented leadership teams within both companies, who have helped make this combination a success for all. We now have an exceptional team here with creative talent, and the technology to help represent the next generation of outstanding service to our industry.”
Since the merger, Hallam has:
- Restructured the business to work in specialist teams – Paid, Owned, Earned, Web Design and Strategy.
- Spent over £4m on PPC advertising for our clients.
- Introduced 6 new tools to improve results and provide better client experiences.
- Achieved multiple industry accreditations.
- Gained 18 team and individual award nominations, winning five of them!
- Sent over 120,000 emails.
- Received over 740,000 emails.
- Rewarded 44 staff with a trip to Google’s HQ in Dublin. Some of which also had an exclusive visit to Google’s Europe, Middle East and Africa headquarters.
- Roughly consumed 39,000 cups of tea and coffee – equivalent to 91 full bathtubs!
- Organised the Nottingham Digital Summit, a brand new digital marketing conference that brings together the marketing, creative and tech communities for a series of seminars exploring the latest thinking in our industry. See: https://www.nottinghamdigitalsummit.co.uk/