Google My Business has launched its latest feature, just in time for Christmas. You can now schedule seasonal opening times for your business, 365 days in advance.
Previously, if you wished to change your hours (e.g. to let people know you were closed on a bank holiday), you had to log in and change your hours on the day in question and change it back straight after. This can now be arranged in advance. There is now also the option to display the message “hours may differ” for those businesses with flexible closing hours.
How To Add Seasonal Hours To Your Google My Business Page
Scheduling your holiday hours on Google My Business is really simple:
- Log in to Google My Business, change your view to “list view”
- Select the location that you want to set seasonal hours for from the list.
- On the following screen, select “special hours” section
- Select the dates that the special hours will run (and the opening and closing times for each date affected).
- If you are closed on a specific date, tick the “closed” box.
Google has provided more information on how you can do this in their Google My Business Help Centre.
*Note – you must have normal hours of operation set on your page before you can add special hours
Seasonal Hours Are For Life, Not Just For Christmas
This is not exclusive to Christmas, but will be beneficial for other national and bank holidays, religious festivals (e.g. Hanukhah, Eid, Diwali) and businesses with extended or reduced hours in the summer and winter months.
This feature could also be used by schools, universities and colleges who can pre-set opening days and times as soon as term dates are decided ahead of the academic year. For smaller business owners who shut down while on annual leave, you could schedule a change in hours for the days you will be on holiday.