SEOMoz have updated their list of the most important factor influencing your website’s position in the search engines. Originally published in 2005, this updated list collates the views of 35 leading search engine optimisation experts, and assesses the 100 most important factors.
The Top Factors influencing your Search Engine Rankings, in order of importance:
- Keyword Use in Title Tag
- Global Link Popularity of Site
- Anchor Text of Inbound Link
- Link Popularity within the Site’s Internal Link Structure
- Age of Site
- Topical Relevance of Inbound Links to Site
- Link Popularity of Site in Topical Community
- Keyword Use in Body Text
- Global Link Popularity of Linking Site
- Topical Relationship of Linking Page
The big changes since the original research in 2005 are Global Link Popularity and Age of Site, whilst we’re seeing consistency in terms of keyword use and inbound linking.