Website Grader is a free tool which evaluates your website on 5 broad search engine marketing factors, giving you a succinct score out of 100.
It’s quite a nifty little tool. And of course I like it because my site scored a respectable 93%.
It takes into consideration approximately 20 sets of factors, grouped into 5 broad categories:
- On Page factors, such as Title tags, meta tags, Alt tags, and readability
- Off Page factors such a Page Rank, frequency of spiders crawling, Alexa rank, and inbound linking
- Blogosphere including Technorati rank
- Social Mediasphere which means social bookmarking on Digg and Del.icio.us
- Conversion to sales, checking to see if you have forms and an RSS feed
It can provide you with a useful overview of your search marketing efforts in one easy to read report.
And thanks to Pete over at Hoop Media for the suggestion.