We are one of the UK’s leading providers of digital marketing services and our success is down to the talented people like you who work with us.
As a Social Media and Content Consultant at Hallam, you will be responsible for managing a variety of clients’ social media profiles in alignment with their marketing strategies. You will also create content and conduct campaigns to make our clients more successful online.
Working within the Earned Media team, this is a senior role where you will have the opportunity to help further develop Hallam’s social and content marketing offering.
- Working collaboratively with Hallam’s Owned media, Paid media, Design, Development, and Strategy teams to deliver successful social media and content campaigns for our clients.
- Acting as the social media and/or content contact on a wide variety of client accounts.
- Developing and leading cutting-edge social media and content strategies, maintaining activities within project management workspaces, contributing to monthly performance reports and being involved in client meetings.
- Offering pre-sales support where necessary to help grow our client base.
- Staying on top of current social media trends and best practices.
- Developing and expanding community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Reviewing and approving content on a daily basis.
- Developing brand awareness and online reputation.
- Being available for client pitches when required, and working with the marketing services director and business development team to ensure our pre-sales activity is of a high standard.
- Improving internal social media processes and strategies.
If you’ve got ideas, we want them. This role is fast-paced, creative and analytical. You’ll need to demonstrate you can think like a content marketer.
What Do We Expect From You?
- Marketing or communications degree is welcomed but not required if you have relevant work experience.
- Social media specialist accreditations and qualifications.
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing and social media.
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc).
- Understanding of social media metrics and the ability to interpret the results and take action to increase the effectiveness of social media campaigns.
- Strong project management and organisation skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms.
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary on aspects such as content development, creation and editing and online reputation management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain and grow client relationships.
- Experience with using digital analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to gain insights into customer behaviour.
- The ability to consistently work at capacity and always hit deadlines.
- Being an acknowledged expert in the company and wider digital industry.
- Being inquisitive and action-oriented and enjoying implementing change.
- No day is the same – so flexibility and quick judgement are key.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to take ownership of an area of Hallam’s services, we are also proud to provide a relaxed yet professional working environment that includes:
- Industry leading in-house professional development and training, tailored to your specific career plans and needs.
- PLZ ( Protected Learning Zone) to enable you to stay on top of the latest industry updates and developments.
- Fast track career development.
- Freedom to take responsibility and manage your own client work under our principle of “supported autonomy”.
- Flexi-time working and remote working.
- The opportunity to attend industry-leading conferences and seminars.
- Regular one-to-ones and support from our team to aid your development.
- Contribution matched pension.
- 33 days holiday per year, including bank holidays.
- Free fruit in the office, cake day and a cute office dog.
- Free company lunches, dinners out and other activities, organised by our Ministry of Fun.
It is your experience, track record, and most importantly a positive attitude that will get you this job.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please send the following information to [email protected]
- Your current CV
- Your availability for interview and start dates
- Any holiday dates you have planned over the next six months
- Your current salary and salary expectations
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK (no Visa sponsorships/extensions).
Contract type: Permanent.
Location: Nottingham, UK.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive, and negotiable depending on your experience and the value you can bring to the company.
Applications to: [email protected]
If your application is successful we will contact you ASAP to advise you of the next stage of our recruitment process.
We’d like to get in touch with everyone personally, but the high number of applications we receive makes that impossible. For the same reason, we’ll be unable to provide personalised feedback should you be unsuccessful in your application.
No agencies, please.
Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.