The Team Hallam social media specialists have created a fully customisable Social Media Calendar for you to use to manage your social media campaigns.
There is nothing worse than scrambling around at the last minute for content for your social campaigns, and using this social media media calendar will certainly save you time as well as stress levels.
This is the third year we’ve produced this calendar, and this year we’ve added a number of new features including a Twitter character counter and tweet length alert tool.
This calendar is also useful if you have more than one member of your team updating your social content. No more treading on each other’s toes, no more conflicting messages, no more glut of messages.
Get your own copy of our new, improved 2017 calendar now.
A content calendar is a really efficient way of managing your social media updates over different platforms.
You can make sure that you’re getting the right balance between sales and informative updates so your business can really get the most out of your social media use.
Originally designed for print publications, a content calendar is an extremely useful tool to keep your updates and posts on track and organised. Our calendar contains space for you to plan updates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and on your Blog. You can use it to plan your posts on as many or few of those platforms as you want.
Why use a Social Media Content Calendar?
- You’ll be more organised
- Ensures you post regular updates and content
- Lets you look at the ‘bigger picture’ and helps you achieve your social media goals
- Makes a connection between all the social media platforms you use so you have a consistent message
- Everyone knows ahead of time who is responsible for making the updates and what is required of them (so no more shirking!)
- Plan timely updates and promotions to tie in with holidays or events to create maximum interaction and engagement
- Prevent writers block, whether it be for a 1000 word blog post or a 140 character tweet!
- Save time
How to use a Social Media Content Calendar
Make sure you have a clear plan of marketing action:
- Who you’re talking to. Who is your target audience? Professionals in a particular industry? Your key influencers? Journalists? Mums?
- What are you going to talk about that month? Can you tie it in with a promotion your company is holding or a particular theme or topic?
- What is the goal of your social media update? If you don’t set a goal, you won’t know if you’ve been successful!
Then fill in the main body of the spreadsheet with the text for your Facebook updates, Tweet, LinkedIn updates and ideas for blog posts. (Our calendar has tips and advice for how you can do this!)
You can plan your social media updates a month in advance, 3 months, or even a year! Whatever you’re comfortable with and works best for you. Remember, this is just a plan, nothing is set in stone. You can change your plan if you want to and tweak it to get the best results.
At the end of each month…
- Look over your updates and decide if you have achieved the goals you set. If not, why? What didn’t work? Can you make changes for next month? If you did achieve your goals, why? Try to replicate and increase your success next month!
- Which types of posts worked best for you? What was it about the posts that made them successful? The images, the way you wrote the tweet, the length of the Facebook update?
- Also look at the time that you made the update or post and see if that had a bearing on how successful it was?
Your FREE Social Media Content Calendar
At Hallam Internet, we want to make you life as easy as possible so we’ve created a content calendar for you so you can get started planning straight away!