Google+ Interactive Posts allow you to customise how users share your site with their contacts and complete a specified action. Interactive posts can help improve conversions, direct new traffic to your site and increase engagement, with Google themselves stating a 3 x higher click-through rate from interactive posts than a standard share.
What is an Interactive Post?
Although this is not a new feature, it is not currently an extensively used one. In their most basic form, interactive posts allow you to enhance the great content you are already sharing by embedding a custom call to action within your post, clearly identifying what act you want your user to complete next (e.g. buy, read more, subscribe).
Labels for Interactive Posts
You can mark the action you want users to take as part of the descriptive text on the share button (the Call To Action), including:
- APPLY – e.g. apply for a job
- ACCEPT, CONFIRM or RSVP – e.g. an invitation or attendance
- BOOKMARK – e.g. bookmark a webpage
- BUY – e.g. to purchase an item
- COMMENT or DISCUSS – e.g. on a post or article
- CONTRIBUTE, DONATE or GIVE – e.g. to a cause
- RATE or WRITE – e.g. write a review
- SIGN_UP or SUBSCRIBE – e.g. to a newsletter or magazine
Google have provided a full list of over 100 labels that you can view here
How Interactive Posts can work for your business
You can use interactive posts to drive key activities, including:
- Direct new traffic to your site – the “VIEW” and “READ_MORE” labels are great examples of this, guiding users to your website to learn more about you product or service.
- Improve conversions – labels can be used to encourage people to sign up for an event or newsletter (“SIGN_UP”), buy a product (“BUY”) or donate (“GIVE”) to a cause through your post.
- Increase engagement – encourage users to respond to blog articles (“COMMENT”) or rate products and services (“RATE”), giving you access to real time feedback and two-way conversation with your audience.
This is not intended to be a comprehensive list. The ways in which you could potentially utilise Google+ Interactive Posts are limitless, and will vary depending on the nature of your business.